The Mall, Reading
All of the information is on the website:-
If you want to see which days have events & for which venue, everything is marked on the calendar:-
All events are marked on the calendar which can be found here:
The doors open @ 8:15am, Chronograph will close at 9:25am & we start the safety brief at 9:30am.
We suggest being on site no later than 8:45am in order to get your kit together before the main briefing.
The event finishes at 4:30pm
The doors open @ 6:00pm, Chronograph will close at 7:25pm & we start the safety brief at 7:30pm.
We suggest being on site no later than 6:30pm in order to get your kit together before the main briefing.
The event finishes at 11:30pm
Please be aware that all guns, regardless of colour MUST be covered or contained completely whilst transporting them to & from our Mall site.
This includes whilst moving from the car park to the venue itself.
- Marshals are paid, professional, trained staff.
- Marshals are there to make the event safe and enjoyable for all Players, their word is final.
- Pay attention to what a Marshal is telling you, they will give regular updates on the game.
- If you think someone is behaving irresponsibly, call a Marshal.
- Do not cheat for any reason including retaliation – instead make the Marshal aware of the situation and allow them to resolve the issue.
- All reports of undesirable behaviour (including cheating, abuse or bad sportsmanship) are taken very seriously and will be handled by the Marshals.
- Any Player who does not follow or comply with the rules are subject for ban to the site or any Zed Adventure’s sites.
- A hit is everything unless it is the gun in your hand or a ricochet.
- Friendly fire is a hit.
- When hit, you must call ‘hit’ and put your hand in the air. Continue to hold your hand in air until you get to re-generate.
- “Dead” Players are not to communicate with any in game (or “alive”) Player. If moving through the gamezone, dead Players can identify themselves as being dead (for example “dead player coming through”, etc)
- All blades or knives must be soft rubber or fit for LARP/Airsoft use.
- To use the weapon, Attackers must tap your opponent ONCE on the back/front centre mass or shoulders (no head).
- Extremities (legs, hands, feet, etc) do not and will not count.
- When contact has been made, attacker must call out ‘knife kill’.
- Attackers are asked to be gentle / considerate.
- Weapons are not to be thrown at all.
- Capturing or surrendering is only permitted during the appropriate personality game. Players will be briefed before starting the game.
- We do not use the ‘bang’ rule.
- Only pyro sold by UK retailers or BFG’s (9mm/6mm Blank Firing Grenades) may be used on site. Anyone using non site approved pyro other than provided will be removed from site.
- Smoke grenades are not allowed.
- Grenades are anything that goes “bang” and is designed for the purpose.
- Radius rules:
- If thrown into a small room no bigger than 20ft, everyone in that room is hit.
- In an open area, if within a 15ft radius everyone is hit.
- If Players are behind hard cover (barricade, wall, etc.) they are safe.
- If Players are unsure whether a hit has been taken, speak to a nearby Marshal.
- Solid-state (BFG’s, tornado, etc) grenades must be rolled gently underhand or posted below knee level. Do not throw overhand or sideswipe. Only use on the same level that you are playing, so not up and down stairs etc. Breaking these rules may result in Grenade use being banned for that person or everyone.
- Once you have activated Cardboard pyro you must discard it immediately, do not hold onto it and do not throw it at someone directly
- If a pyro is activated then do not attempt to pick it up as it will be very hot, may burn and explode in your hand.
- Cardboard pyro can be thrown up/down upstairs and balconies
SINGLE SHOT RULES:
- Most games will be single shot/semi-auto only however if requested we will include a game or two that will utilise the use of full auto.
- Full Auto must be in short bursts & in the main mall concourse only. Every other area is single shot only. This will be briefed on the day.
- At ‘The Mall’, red tape on the floor ouside shop doors/service corridors indicate single shot zones.
- Both feet must be past this red line to use full auto fire.
- Single shot only in and out of single shot zones, even if the opposition are in a full auto zone.
- If in doubt, switch to single shot or ask a Marshal.
AIRSOFT GUN RULES:
- Only Airsoft Guns may be used & all projectiles must be of the 6mm plastic variety
- All Airsoft gun MUST go through the chronographing process.
- ALL Weapons: 340fps max.
- All airsoft guns will be chronographed with site magazine & 0.2gm bb at the start of an event and are subject to random chrono testing at any time throughout the day. We reserve the right NOT allow the use of any RIF/IF over the FPS limit. Some areas of the game area are single shot only, therefore weapons that are incapable of firing on single shot will not be allowed to be fired in those areas.
- The spring or gas that a player is using when they passed the chronograph at under 340fps is the spring or gas the player must continue to use for the rest of the day.
- Those players who try to defraud the chronograph or fail to take their airsoft guns to the chronograph may be ejected from site without refund & banned from all Zed Adventures events.
- Gas Shotguns that have been converted to use HPA &/or other capacity magazinesare no longer allowed at the mall, players must use the standard 30 round capacity shells & standard liquid charge gas tank as provided by the manufacturer.
The main site does not have a direct postcode but the one below is for the NCP car park directly opposite. If you are using Satnav or working from a map, use this postcode to get you on to Garrard St and then follow the last steps on the directions below.
Directions from the M4 Motorway (West bound)
- On the M4 – exit motorway at junction 10 (READING (E)//A329(M)) .
- After 400 yards take a slight right, follow sign [signposted: READING (E)//A329(M)].
- After 1 mile continue straight onto A329(M) (A329(M)).
- Take A3290 for 3 miles, continue straight onto the ramp / slip road. A329(M)
- After 500 yards, enter the roundabout and take the 1st exit onto LONDON ROAD(A4).
- After 1 mile turn right onto SIDMOUTH STREET.
- After 300 yards turn left onto QUEEN’S ROAD (A329).
- Take QUEEN’S ROAD for 200 yards and continue straight on.
- Take A329 for 0.5 miles. Taking a slight right, continue along A329 (A329)
- Take A329 for 700 yards, continue straight onto the ramp / slip road.
- After 400 yards, enter the roundabout and take the 3rd exit onto FRIAR STREET.
- After 100 yards turn left onto FRIAR STREET.
- After 200 yards turn left onto GREYFRIARS ROAD.
- After 200 yards turn right onto GARRARD STREET.
- After Turning into Garrard St, you will see a large building immediately on the left, which is an office block called Xafinity House which contains our parking on the first left turn on the road, a member of Zed Adventures staff will direct you to a parking space.